Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) can be used to heal all kinds of health issues from digestion to hair loss. ACV has an alkaline effect in our bodies and can be used to regulate pH levels. The more alkaline our body is, the healthier our immune system will be.
Drinking a glass of water with ACV before a meal curbs appetite and also stimulates hydrochloric acid, which we need to break down our foods for digestion. ACV is also high in acetic acid, which helps our bodies absorb nutrients effectively. Needless to say, ACV is one powerful healer!
Here are 3 easy recipes using ACV that will improve your health. Enjoy!
ACV Cleanse and Detox Recipe
- 1 glass of warm or hot water
- 2-3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional)
- Warm the water.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Best served warm but drink at desired temperature.
Weight Loss Recipe
- 1 glass of water
- 2-3 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (Add more water if too strong and gradually increase ACV to 1 tablespoon as your body gets used to it)
- Mix together water and ACV and drink 30 minutes prior to every meal.
- Do this for at least 30-days
Hair Strengthening, Conditioning and Growth Recipe
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of ACV (If your hair is on the drier side you may want to start out with two tablespoons of vinegar per cup of water. If you have oily hair or dandruff, 3-4 tablespoons can be used.
- After you have shampooed and rinsed your hair, slowly pour the mixture over your entire scalp, allowing it to run down the length of your hair.
- Massage the mixture into your scalp for 2 minutes to stimulate circulation
- Rinse out the vinegar.
- Repeat this process 1-2 times a week until hair feels healthier and stronger.