We have all done it….you know the drill, place a food item in the microwave, press start, and then run for cover behind the wall to prevent the radiation from reaching you. But, do we REALLY need to duck and cover while heating our meals in the microwave? And if we find ourselves intuitively concerned about the effects radiation may have on our bodies, shouldn’t we be just as concerned about what radiation may do to the food we eat?
I’ve done some research and found that when you microwave food it denatures the natural make-up of the food by stripping vitamins, minerals, and proteins from your meal. What is left is radiolytic compounds that have been proven to seriously compromise the make-up of our blood. Exposure to microwave emissions have also been proven to negatively effect the human body. Did you know that microwaves were banned in Russia in 1976 after a study confirmed that they cause negative health outcomes?
I’m going to trust my intuition and the conclusions of Swiss, Russian, and German scientific clinical studies to start limiting the use of my microwave. Science doesn’t lie!!
Ten Reasons to Throw out your Microwave Oven
Mercola offers a list of ten hazards associated with using your microwave oven. Read more.
- Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term, permanent brain damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue.
- The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.
- Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.
- The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.
- Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.
- The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
- Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous tumors. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.
- The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
- Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.
- Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.
SLN's Take Home Message
Limit your use of microwaves and avoid using certain plastics when heating food in a microwave. Try following these microwaving tips to lessen your toxic load.
- Use microwave-safe containers made of glass or ceramic.
- Never reheat the plastic tray formulated for frozen dinner and lunch entrees. These are intended for one-time use only.
- Vent the container when microwaving by leaving the lid ajar or lifting the edge.
- Ensure your product states “microwave safe” or contains instructions for use in the microwave.
- Always read the labels of your plastic containers carefully before you put them in the microwave.